Chocolate tart with salted caramel
Chocolate tart with salted caramel popcorn
Preparation time: 50 minutes
Cooking time: 23 minutes
Functions used: CircoTherm® Intensive
This delicious recipe:
☆. 250g Plain flour
☆. 125g Butter
☆. 1 egg, beaten
☆. 450g dark chocolate
☆. 200ml cream
☆. 150g caster sugar
☆. 50g butter, cubed
☆. 3 whole eggs
☆. 1 teaspoon of olive oil
☆. 100g dried corn kernels (popping corn)
☆. 200g caster sugar
☆. 1 teaspoon salt
☆. 25g salted butter
☆. ½ teaspoon of bi carb soda
- For the pastry, place the flour and butter in a medium bowl and mix with your hands until semi combined. Add the egg and form a ball.
- Place the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out into a circle 4-5mm thick. Place in the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
- To make the popcorn, place oil in large saucepan with a lid. Heat on induction level 7 add popping corn. Place lid on saucepan, when it begins to pop, give the saucepan a shake. Wait until popping stops, set aside. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- In a large saucepan (you will need to fit all the popped corn in this) put in the sugar and heat on level 8. Let sugar caramelise without stirring, move pan if necessary. When melted and a nice golden colour add butter and salt, be careful as it will bubble, stir until combined, carefully add bi carb soda and combine, add popped corn and mix through caramel. Pour onto baking tray lined with paper, set aside to cool.
- Remove pastry from the fridge, roll out to about 3 mm and place into 8 x 10cm greased individual flan tins. Using a fork prick the base of your pastry and set aside in the fridge while making the filling.
- Place the chocolate, cream, sugar and butter into a medium saucepan. Place on Induction level 5 and stir until everything has melted together. Remove mixture from the heat and allow for cool for 5 minutes. Add the eggs whisking thoroughly until all has combined.
- Preheat oven on CircoTherm® Intensive at 190°C and place a wire rack on shelf level 1. Pour the chocolate mixture into the pastry shell. Place tart in the oven and bake for 23 minutes. The tart is cooked when it wiggles like a firm jelly.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving. Top tarts with salted caramel popcorn and dollop cream.